Friday, January 29, 2010

It's About Suppression

So every day, my loyal readers (all 12 of you) beg me to blog, blog blog. And I say, "I can't!" You see, I need to be inspired, something has to happen that makes me think, I need to blog. Now. This instant.

Well, my friends, that instant has arrived.

Val and I met online, and agreed to grab a drink in the neighborhood where we both live. The first drink was pleasant enough. It was everything a date should be - conversation flowed, there was definitely a mutual attraction, and we were excited to see one another again. With a hug goodbye, Val and I parted ways.

A few days later, I was happy to see that he texted me (after all, who actually makes phone calls anymore?)

Our second date went just as smoothly. More drinks, more conversation, more good times. There was some kissing, which was suprisingly nice.

Val and I continued to text, trying to make plans for date number three.

So, I was in the car driving home from work with my friends when my cell phone made its innocuous "bleep bleep bleep!" to signify an incoming text.

Val: Hey, when am I seeing you?
Me: Well I'm free tonight if you want to hang.


(Yes, I know, I'm supposed to look busy, and in my defense I actually had plans that fell through...)

Val: Can't tonight.
Me: Ok.
Val: I need to tell you something though.

This is where things got interesting. I was waiting for "I can't wait to see you again," or "I really wanted to come to your apartment last time." Here's what I got instead, copied directly from my phone:

Val: Don't ever know how to say this, but I have genital herpes...
Me: Um, is this a joke?
Val: I wouldn't joke about that. I've had it for about 6 years. I take meds every day and don't have many outbreaks a year.
Me: Uh, ok. Why didn't you tell me sooner?
Val: It's awkward to tell someone face to face, (sidenote: nooo, you think?) so I resort to this. I always tell someone if it looks like we might have sex soon...

HA! KEEP DREAMING BUDDY!

A few more texts followed, but that was the jist of it. I was utterly disgusted. I mean, part of me feels bad for the guy. At least he told me, he just as easily could have let it slide. But still, I am so repulsed. Talk about a relationship killer...

P.S. Shoutout to teachers in carros for an awesome title. Hope you appreciate his pseudonym as well :)

Britney's back bitch.

2 comments:

  1. I love his pseudonym...is his last name Trex? Lol! Finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! Oh my gosh, I literally laughed OUT LOUD. What a GREAT blog!!! Sorry it didn't work, but you gotta give him props for being honest. I'm so glad he did bc you would have been DISTRAUGHT!!! lol.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete