Thursday, April 28, 2011

He does a body good?

Wow. Has it really been a year?

My first instinct is to google "Songs that have the word 'year' in them," and start off with a quote, but then I remembered, I am supposed to be wriitng funny stuff, not serious and sentimental nonsense. I'll save that stuff for facebook posts.

After a semi-successful 5 month relationship, I'm back in the game. Again, the instinct strikes to google songs with "game," but I'll hold off as long as I can.

"Semi-successful?" you ask. Well, it wasn't a complete train wreck like FREaK, where I found out he was into all sorts of weird shit, so it wasn't a TOTAL disaster. But, it definitely didn't end in happiness, as I had hoped.

Anyways, I'll get right to it.

Back on JDate and Match, I was ready to get back into dating.

Paul and I agreed to meet at a nice French restaurant near my apartment. I usually hate to do dinner for a first date, but Paul was hot. I mean, REALLY hot. And did I mention he was 6'4"? The only negative was that he was a teacher. Yes, I am a teacher. Don't judge me for judging others.

I arrived first, but Paul showed up a few minutes later in all of his 6'4" of glory. He was actually quite skinny, bordering on scrawny, but his face and those blue eyes totally made up for it.

We sat down, and within a few minutes the waitress came to take our drink orders.

"I'll have a glass of the sauvignon blanc," I smiled. (Notice that with a year comes a newfound maturity. I have graduated from drinking sophmoric pinot grigio, to the more cultured sauvignon blanc).

"And you, sir?" the waitress asked.

"I'll have a glass of milk," my date said.

The waitress chuckled. Then noticed that Paul's face remained deadpan.

"Uh, um, ok...," she said and scurried off.

"MILK?" I asked in disgust. I couldn't help myself. I mean, I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but really?? Who goes to a French restaurant on a first date and orders milk.

"I need my protein," he explained, as if that was a completely logical response.

And with that simple mention of a delicious white beverage, I realized I had a long road ahead of me.

...And what could possibly be more fitting now that to finish with a little diddy by Evan and Jaron (remember those guys?) called "The Long Road:"

Will I walk the long road? Cannot stay.


I have wished for so long. How I wish for you today.


And no, I don't really understand what that means or what that song is even about, but hey, it has "long road" in it, right? And it's by Evan and Jaron...

2 comments: